The exterior of your home should be just as important as the interior. The exterior also needs attention and care and sometimes even more so because of the wind, sun, rain, etc. There are different things you can do and look after when it comes to the exterior of your home. Have a look at our ideas and ways in which you can improve the outside of your home.
- Updating the roof can make a huge difference – If your roof is in disrepair or need some attention, it is one of the best ways to change the look of your home. If you can change the shape, the color, or the materials used, you can completely transform the roof and the look of your home.
- Change the front door – Changing or replacing the front door is one of the fastest ways to change the front of your house. You can replace the door with something completely new and different or you can just change the existing door. A new door can have a change in shape or the materials used. An old door can be changed by painting it or adding and removing features like house numbers, porch lights, handles, etc. A new door can even incorporate a window feature in it or to the sides of it. There are so many options.
- Cladding the walls – Homes that have stone cladding, mismatching bricks, or a mixture of materials, can be removed or re-finished. Depending on what the exterior materials are and the look you want to create, you can redo the exterior of your house by using different materials or paint.
- Add a new extension – Building a new addition to your home will drastically change its appearance and can even add some more functionality. You can add simple and quick things like a porch or small entry hall or you can add larger extensions like a sunroom, pool house, or an extra room. Most building will require permits, so you should find out what you ned in order to get started on your extensions. A new addition can be a great feature to improve the exterior appearance of your home.
- Replacing or updating windows – This may be a costly adventure but it can completely change the look of your home. If you can change the windows, you can make a whole new home. You can change the shape, the number of windows, the glass used, and you can add things like shutters, sky lights, or window boxes. All this will transform your window spaces and create a whole new look for your home.
Last, but not least, you can landscape your garden. You can either combine landscaping with one or two of the other options or just use it as its own improvement. Landscaping can be beautiful and will completely transform the way your home looks and feels. Now you have many options…where to start?